PR savvy individuals are always looking for a great read on the subject. These five books are highly recommended, some by multiple sources. They are all very informative and eye-opening.
- Ready to Launch: The PR Couture Guide to Breaking Into Fashion PR: How to Begin a Successful Career in Fashion Public Relations by Crosby Noricks
Crosby Noricks, the founder of leading fashion PR resource PR Couture. This book will help the PR savvy fashion enthusiast begin their career, giving them valuable information on the industry.
- Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (And Other Social Networks) by Dave Kerpen
As a book on the NYC PR Girls must read list, Likeable Social Media is perfect for completely understanding social media. Dave Kerpen gives great advice and practical information on the topic.
- If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You by Kelly Cutrone
Kelly Cutrone is the founder of the fashion public relations, branding, and marketing firm People’s Revolution. She is one of the most powerful women in this competitive industry. Cutrone has created a guide for making it.
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die” by Chip and Dan Heath
PR Daily named Made to Stick one of thirteen books every PR pro should read. Their formula is easy to achieve, and helps readers create an effective message.
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
This book was on the NYC PR Girls must read list. Blink is a great read, especially if you are about to or just starting your career.