One of the best things about being an #entrepreneur; is having the support and the right tools to succeed. Well during our search an following of other entrepreneurial resources, we found these (10) books that
- Knowing Your Value by Mika Brzezinski Read this book if you need advice and confidence to ask for a raise this year! Mika is the co-host of Morning Joe and took a fascinating approach to telling her story of how she finally asked for more late(r) in her career.
- The Best Advice I Ever Got: Lessons from Extraordinary Lives by Katie Couric Katie has access to some of the most fascinating people in the world. This book is for you if you want to be inspired to take risks and push yourself.
- Ask For It: How Women Can Use the Power of Negotiation to Get What They Really Want by Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever The book for you if you are interested in why you may not be asking and how to overcome your fears of asking for more. Professor Babcock gives practical steps to get you comfortable with asking for what you want this year.
- Brag!: The Art of Tooting Your Own Horn Without Blowing It by Peggy Klaus Self-promotion is awkward. Peggy’s book helps you understand why you need to brag and how to do it in a way that makes you comfortable. Some of the suggestions are a bit of a stretch, but if you pull out a couple of her tips you will be well on your way to being a better advocate for yourself.
- How Remarkable Women Lead by Joanna Barsh and Susie Cranston Joanna is a senior director at McKinsey & Company and has access to some of the most influential businesswomen in the world. In this book, she works to understand how these women became successful and how they get after it each and every day. Read this if you want to be inspired and learn about the key factors women leaders have in common. Hint: Optimism is one of them.
- 20-Something, 20-Everything by Christine Hassler Levo LOVES Christine. This book is for you if you need that pick-me-up out of a slump and want to know that it will be okay. This book will help you feel better about yourself, love yourself, and help you build better relationships with those in your life.
- Basic Black: The Essential Guide for Getting Ahead at Work (and in Life) by Cathie Black In Basic Black, Cathie shares some of the crazier things people have done to get her attention when she was the president of Hearst, and she also talks about the importance of hard work. Read this if you are interested in the business side of publishing, or just want to learn about what it was like to convince Oprah to make a magazine.
- Getting from College to Career by Lindsey Pollak Lindsey nails it. Getting from college to career is a harsh life transition. The suggestions in her book will help everyone from you, the college senior, to your parents.
- Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office by Lois P. Frankel In this series, Lois picks out interesting habits of both successful and unsuccessful men and women for you to learn from. If you want to learn the habits that could be holding you back, this is the book for you.
- Bossypants by Tina Fey Want to laugh and learn? This book is full of quotables and it will literally make you LOL. Plus, the advice is so spot on that you’ll finish the book with a renewed sense of confidence.
We would love your feedback.
Apples & Oranges Public Relations